Time matters in pregnancy and childhood. A child spends nine months in the womb, and those nine months are crucial for the health, development and survival of your child.
Exposure to smoking during this time is not the same as exposure to smoking during nine months of adulthood; there is much more at stake.
Every puff of smoke you take when you're pregnant goes into your unborn baby's little body, and a child needs a smokefree place to grow and develop during pregnancy to have the best chance at a healthy life.
If you are pregnant and want to quit smoking, it's really important that you stop to protect your baby.
By joining our six week stop smoking programme, Once and For All, you could receive up to $300 in reward vouchers. Here's how it works:
1. After signing up, we find a support person for you based on your location and preferences.
2. Your support person contacts you to enrol you in the programme.
3. You set a target quit date - the day you will quit smoking.
4. Your support person talks to you about what to expect and ways to fight cravings.
5. You see your support person each week for six weeks, and at the first session you receive a $50 voucher.
6. For the next few weeks, you will meet with your support person and blow into a machine, called a Smokerlyzer, to measure the amount of nicotine in your system.
7. Each week that you meet your support person and have your breath measured, you will have a $50 voucher 'banked' ready for you at the end of the six weeks.
8. At the end of week six, and you have been confirmed smokefree, you can collect the remaining $250 in vouchers.
Click here to get started.