Decypher interpreting and translation service in Hamilton
12 Dec 2017
Decypher is a service available for refugee and vulnerable migrants. It aims to provide interpreter and translation services to refugees when receiving primary health services including general practice and allied health consultations, pharmacy services and counselling.
In most cases Decypher's interpreting services are available 24/7 and free for eligible patients.
To be eligible patients must be:
- a refugee
- vulnerable migrant (a person that is dependent of others to communicate in English OR a person in need of special care, support, or protection because of age, disability, or risk of abuse or neglect -the practice and Decypher can also review this on a case by case basis)
- is enrolled with a Pinnacle MHN practice within the Hamilton City boundary
- normally a resident of the Waikato DHB region
- ineligible for free interpreter services through any other service or funding stream such as provided by ACC or Work and Income
- eligible to receive publicly funded health services as a refugee under clause B10 of the Health and Disability Service Eligibility Direction 2011
To ensure the interpreting funding follows your patient when making a referral (for example, radiology, counselling, lab work,
etc) please indicate on the referral 'free interpretation for this patient (+Language) via Decypher 07 853 0480'