For all personal health queries
For personal health queries please contact your practice directly.
Registered users can contact their medical centre by logging into their patient portal:
For after hours care, call your practice and follow the instructions. You can also call Healthline on 0800 611 116 for advice, or visit your local after hours clinic.
Many practices also offer Practice Plus for virtual after hours GP appointments.
In an emergency dial 111.
For mental distress
24 hour a day, 7 day a week services are available.
- Need to talk? - Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained mental health and addiction professional (for issues such as depression, gambling and alcohol and/or drugs).
- Lifeline - 0800 54 33 54 to speak to a counsellor, available 24/7 (or free text HELP to 4357). www.lifeline.org.nz
- Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757 or text 4202. https://depression.org.nz
- Samaritans - 0800 726 666, for confidential, non-religious and non-judgemental support to anyone who may be feeling depressed, lonely, or even be contemplating suicide. www.samaritans.org.nz
- Suicide Crisis Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO). This is a service for people who may be thinking about suicide, or those who are concerned about family or friends.
- Alcohol Drug Helpline - 0800 787 797. You can also text 8691 for free. https://alcoholdrughelp.org.nz
- Kidsline - 0800 54 37 54 is for children aged 5 to 18 years. Those who ring between 4-9pm on weekdays will speak to a Kidsline buddy - specially trained teenage telephone counsellors.
- 0800 WHATSUP children's helpline - 0800 9428 787, available between 1-10pm on weekdays and from 3-10pm on weekends. Online chat is available from 7-10pm every day at www.whatsup.co.nz.
- Your local Rural Support Trust - 0800 787 254 (0800 RURAL HELP).
To contact Pinnacle locality offices
- Hamilton office phone: 07 839 2888
- New Plymouth office phone: 06 759 4364
- Gisborne office phone: 06 863 2661
- Taupō office phone: 07 376 0060
For all media enquiries please call Maria Low, kaiwhakahaere whakapā / communications manager: 027 232 0106.